Monday, October 4, 2010

progress...

The house is slowly but surely feeling like home, so I thought I'd post a few pictures to show friends who've been asking for them!
It's funny the things I notice in pictures that I don't notice in day to day life...it's pretty helpful, actually!


Living room from a couple angles...this layout doesn't necessarily make the most sense symmetrically, but it feels so much more open and inviting to me. Plus the tv's a little more out of sight this way.

The desk that I gave a facelift with a few coats of antique white and some spray painted knobs. Isn't the chair so fun? Thank you, Dawn, for the desk and the chair!

Kristen, here's a picture of the chairs with the wall color finally! The color is fun because it seems to change throughout the day (a greyish greenish blue, it's Benjamin Moore's Wedgewood Grey)

My most exciting goodwill find in a while...this awesome tray!

The true to life shot...at least the dishes are clean, right?

The mantel in the living room...seeing the picture, I think the "plant" needs a little help. Aaron, I know you would strongly disapprove of my faux greenery, but I can't seem to keep the real ones alive!

The dining table, which held 12 last night!! I love finally having a great big table!

The inconspicuous black hole also known as the tv, a sat on pumpkin, and a sweet little baby hiding in the bottom left corner:)

last angle of the living room...

This one doesn't have as much to do with our house as it does the sweet little boy sitting in the middle of our bed. He's discovered it's a comfy place to bring all his little people toys. He's really into loading all his "guys" into the plane or ark and taking them "over to the island." Don't you love little imaginations at work?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Rachel! It is just beautiful! When can I come stay!?!? I wish! Seriously though, thanks for sharing, made me so excited for you guys and you have done an awesome job making your new house a home (as cheesy as it sounds!) Love it, love it!

Mitch and Kristen said...

LOVE the chairs! And I have always been a fan of Wedgewood Grey. It's a great color!! I want to see pictures of Caleb and Abby's rooms next!