Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Beach

This weekend Caleb and I took our second flight of his short life to Orlando for some beach time with my best friends from college. It was a short, full, and wonderful weekend. From left to right in the picture below are Emily (holding Caleb), Tessa (holding her daughter Nellie), Katie, Leslie, and Rachel. We packed a lot of quality time into a short trip: throwing a baby shower for Rachel who is expecting a baby boy in January, cooking together, playing in the ocean and the pool, watching movies, laughing about memories from college, taking pictures, playing with the babies. It felt like I had never been apart from these girls, and it made me realize how much I miss them! I could talk for hours about all the memories we have together from first semester of freshman year on. I love them and miss them all so much!
Here's Caleb doing his new favorite thing...screaming in the most high pitched voice you can imagine. It's pretty crazy. Here it just looks like he is SUPER excited to be at the beach:)
I didn't want my baby to get sunburned, so I pretty much had him lathered in sunscreen and covered from head to toe the whole time we were out in the water (yes, he is wearing my skirt in this picture...at least it's green). I know you can't tell from these pictures, but he was passed around a lot. It was such a nice rest for me to have so many people excited to hold him and play with him. He loved it too...as Michael says, he just gets to hang out with beautiful women all the time!
Here we are right after he fell asleep on me in the pool...such a sweet memory. He's definitely still half asleep in this picture.
He actually really loved the water (both the beach and the pool) and the sand. Here he is just taking in the ocean. What a cute beach baby!

1 comments:

Elizabeth Myatt said...

Oh Rach...so good to hear from you. I am all caught up on your family now and am thinking that your sweet boy is so cute. Love those smiles...reminds me of my smiling Hud. I think about you all often and hear that you are doing well, I am glad to see it for myself though. I guess you heard we are back in Memphis, we've been here for a month or so. It's good to be back close to family. Any trips planned for Memphis?