Friday, February 6, 2009

Advice Anyone?

Help! Caleb has started waking up at 4:30! I don't "get him up" until 6 so he pretty much screams his head off for an hour and a half. I am wondering if he's hungry?? I stopped feeding him at night several months ago and he did fine for a while....but now this?! 

He goes to bed around 6:30, takes 2 naps (because of my work schedule he has to be done napping by 2:30), eats 3 solid meals, and I still nurse him 4 times a day.

Does anyone have any pointers, encouragement, advice....anything?

3 comments:

Crystal said...

He's gotten so big! I don't know, but Warren still (at 18 months)drinks a cup of milk before bed. You could see if that helps hold him over??

Stephanie said...

Maybe he is going through a growth spurt. I know a lot of times this happens with babies that have been sleeping through the night for months- they all of the sudden stop for some reason. I would say do whatever feels right for you- I would be willing to bet either way (whether you feed him or just let him work it out on his own) it will only be temporary (maybe a couple weeks at most?!?)My kids did always get a bottle before bed though up until they switched to cups- I always felt better puttin them to bed wit a full tummy. Let me know how it goes!!! we still need to catch up to eachother =)

Katie Kerr said...

rachel I will be praying for you...I have no idea as I have haven't had this problem...yet!