Friday, August 7, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm always in search of "the best" recipes for the basics, and this one has come pretty close to the top in the Chocolate Chip Cookie category:

1/2 cup shortening (I like to use the butter flavored kind)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 cup (or more) flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream shortening, sugars and vanilla...and when I say cream, I mean cream! Add egg and beat. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt (either with a "sifter" or a fork...whatever works). Hand mix the dry ingredients into the wet ones. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop in whatever size cookie drops you like onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
This was my friend Kristina from Knoxville's recipe. Thanks Kristina!

I'd say Caleb is a fan:)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We just made choc chip cookies the other night- I always just use the back of the Toll House bag recipe- I will have to try this one!!! Thanks!!
Hope you and your :) are all doing well!

Stephanie said...

I meant you and yourS

hannah said...

I made those cookies the other day, they were delish. Thanks!