Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July

Today was a strange 4th of July. It was a good day, a really good day actually. It just didn't feel like the 4th of July. It was probably the first 4th of July in my whole life absent of fireworks and cheesy patriotic music. At first I was excited to take Caleb to see his first fireworks display, but the more I thought about it, the less appealing it sounded to keep him up, pile him in the car, and drag him to who knows where to hear loud noises that he probably wouldn't enjoy anyway. Instead we went over to my friend Annie's house and cooked out and had some of her signature margaritas while Caleb snoozed in their bedroom. In fact, it was the latest we've stayed out probably since Caleb was born! Even without the fireworks and star-spangled banner, it was a wonderful 4th of July. Maybe next year Caleb will be able to appreciate it all more anyway! Here's a picture of how he enjoyed his Independence Day this year. This is his favorite sleeping position...I can always tell that he's really sleepy when he goes into this position as soon as I lay him down.

1 comments:

Kat said...

Rachel - I'm so glad you joined the world of bloggers! It looks great so far.

I grieved missing fireworks (again) this year now that I am a mom of a little one. Eventually we'll get out there again...